Searching for Innovation and Competition
in the Online Marketplace
Thursday, September 13, 2012 | 8:30 A.M. – 10:30 A.M.
The Newseum | 555 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW | Washington, D.C.
(Please use the 6th Street entrance; breakfast will be served.)
Join us for a discussion on competition and innovation in today’s search and Internet services marketplace. The U.S. Federal Trade Commission, six state attorneys general, the European Commission, and others are investigating serious allegations that Google’s business practices are in violation of antitrust and consumer protection laws. Antitrust experts and technology executives will explore the state of this vital technology market.
Speakers will include:
- Susan Athey, Professor of Economics, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Mark Corallo, former Public Affairs Director for the Justice Department
- Albert Foer, President, The American Antitrust Institute
- Rodman Forter, General Counsel, Skyhook Wireless
- Pamela Jones Harbour, former FTC Commissioner, partner with Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.
- Patrick Lynch, former Attorney General of Rhode Island, past president of National Association of Attorneys General
- Nathan Newman, Research Fellow at the Information Law Institute, NYU Law, head of Tech-Progress.org
- Jim O’Connell, former Deputy Assistant Attorney General in the Justice Department’s Antitrust Division, partner with Covington & Burlington LLP
- Dan Savage, CEO, TradeComet.com